- The point where two components of a structure join, but are still able to rotate.
- This rod is free to swing at the with the platform.
- The point where two components of a structure join rigidly.
- The water is leaking out of the between the two pipes.
- (anatomy) Any part of the body where two bones join, in some cases allowing that part of the body to be bent or straightened.
- (context, carpentry) A means of joining two pieces of wood together so that they interlock.
- The dovetail , while more difficult to make, is also quite strong.
- A cut of meat.
- Set the in a roasting tin and roast for the calculated cooking time.
- (geology) A fracture in which the strata are not offset; a geologic joint.
- (slang) A bar, nightclub or similar business.
- It was the kind of you wouldn't want your boss to see you in.
- (slang) (always with the) Prison.
- I'm just trying to stay out of the joint.
- (slang) A marijuana cigarette.
- After locking the door and closing the shades, they lit the .
- Done by two or more people or organisations working together.
- The play was a production between the two companies.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for joint for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of joint