- (context, US, colloquial) nonsense, Nonsense; transparently deceptive talk.
verb (jiv, ing)
- Don"t give me that . I know where you were last night.
- (context, US, colloquial) To be deceptive.
- Don"t try to me! I know where you were last night!
- (context, US, colloquial) To dance.
- You can dance, you can , having the time of your life; ooh, see that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen!
- (context, US, colloquial) To agree or accord.
- That explanation at least jives with what we know.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for jive for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of jive