noun (plural jiffies)
- (colloquial) A very short, unspecified length of time.
- I'll be back in a jiffy.
- (computers) A unit of time defined by the frequency of its basic timer; historically, and by convention, 0.01 seconds, but some operating systems use other values.
- (physics) The time taken for light to travel one centimetre in a vacuum (sometimes one foot, or sometimes the width of a nucleon)
- (electronics) The time between alternating current power cycles (1/60 or 1/50 of a second)
- A line of baking mixes manufactured by the http://www.jiffymix.com Chelsea Milling Company
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for jiffy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of jiffy