- A quick, often unpleasant tug or shake.
- When I yell "OK," give the mooring line a good !
- A sudden, uncontrolled movement, for instance, of the body.
- (physics) the change in acceleration with respect to time.
- Usage note: Jerk is measured in metres per cubic second (m/s3) in SI units , or in feet per cubic second (ft/s3) in imperial units.
- (US, slang, pejorative) A person who is unwelcome due to unlikable qualities and behavior, often mean, foolish or disagreeable.
- A rich, spicy Jamaican marinade; a dish made with such a marinade.
- To make a quick, often unpleasant tug or shake.
- To make a sudden uncontrolled movement.
- To marinade in jerk seasoning.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for jerk for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of jerk