noun (rfc-level, Noun at L4+ not in L3 POS section)
- An interception of a radio broadcast or a telephone call.
- An interception of a missile.
- (alggeom) The coordinate of the point at which a curve intersects an axis.
- (transitive) To stop, deflect or divert (something in progress or motion).
- (context, transitive, sports) To gain possession of (the ball) in a ball game.
- From Latin interceptum, past participle of intercipere.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for intercept for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of intercept