- A device used to produce music.
- The violinist was a master of her .
- A measuring or displaying device.
- The detected an increase in radioactivity.
- A tool, implement.
- The dentist set down his tray of instruments.
- A legal document, such as a contract, deed, trust, mortgage, power, indenture, or will.
- A bond indenture is the that gives a bond its value.
- Negotiable instruments are the foundation of the debt markets.
Etymology: From instrumentum, ÄnstrÅmentum "an implement, tool"
- To apply measuring devices.
- To devise, conceive, cook-up, plan.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for instrument for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of instrument