- A very short period of time; a moment.
- She paused for only an , which was just enough time for John to change the subject.
- A single, usually precise, point in time.
- The the alarm went off, he fled the building.
- An instant beverage or food, especially instant coffee.
- impending, Impending; imminent.
- urgent, Urgent; pressing; accute.
- Occurring immediately; immediate; present.
- Lasting for a short moment; momentary; short-lived.
- Very quickly and easily prepared (food or drink), for example instant coffee.
- Of the current month (abbreviation inst.)
- "I refer to your letter of the 16th inst. in regard to traffic disruption"
- (poetic) at once, At once; immediately.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for instant for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of instant