noun (industr, ies, -)
- Businesses concerned with goods as opposed to services.
- There used to be a lot of around here, but now the economy depends on tourism.
- Businesses of the same type, considered as a whole.
- The software and tourism industries continue to grow, while the steel industry remains troubled.
- The tendency to work persistently.
- Over the years, their and business sense made them wealthy.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for industry for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of industry