- Act of pointing out or indicate, indicating.
- That which serves to indicate or point out; mark; token; sign; symptom; evidence.
Etymology: indicatio: confer French indication.
- The frequent stops they make in the most convenient places are plain indications of their weariness. Addison.
- Discovery made; information.
- (obsolete) Explanation; display. Bacon.
- (medicine) Any symptom or occurrence in a disease, which serves to direct to suitable remedies.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for indication for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of indication