- The image-making power of the mind; the power to create or reproduce ideally an object of sense previously perceived; the power to call up mental images.
- The representative power; the power to reconstruct or recombine the materials furnished by direct apprehension; the complex faculty usually termed the plastic or creative power; the fancy.
- 1929 October 26, Albert Einstein, "What Life Means to Einstein", The Saturday Evening Post
- :Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
- The power to recombine the materials furnished by experience or memory, for the accomplishment of an elevated purpose; the power of conceiving and expressing the ideal.
- A mental image formed by the action of the imagination as a faculty; a conception; a notion.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for imagination for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of imagination