- An optical or other representation of a real object; a graphic; a picture.
- A mental picture of something not real or not present.
- (computing) A copy of all or part of a disk drive retained for backup or replication purposes.
- A characteristic of a person, group or company etc., style, manner of dress, how one is, or wishes to be, perceived by others.
- (mathematics) Something mapped to by a function.
verb (imag, ing)
- 5 is the of 3 under f.
- (mathematics) The subset of a codomain comprising those elements that are images of something.
- The of this step function is the set of integers.
- (context, computing) To convert an idea to an image.
- (context, computing) To create a complete backup copy of a filesystem.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for image for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of image