- (colloquial) An illegal immigrant.
- Contrary to or forbidden by law, especially criminal law.
- Not permitted by rules
Etymology: From il- (an assimilated version of in-) + legal. In senses relating to immigration, via appendix:Glossaryback-formation, back-formation or clipping from illegal alien or illegal immigrant.category:Back-formations
- Moving a pawn backward is an move in chess.
- (context, stamp-collecting, of an issue printed for collectors) Totally fictitious, and often issued on behalf of a non-existent territory or country.
- (context, of an immigrant) Being an illegal immigrant; residing in a country illegally.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for illegal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of illegal