- A mound of earth.
- A rounded fleshy mass, such as on a camel.
- A deformity in humans caused by abnormal curvature of the upper spine.
- (context, UK, slang) An act of sexual intercourse.
- (slang) (British) A bad mood, especially in the expression to have the hump.
- (slang) A painfully boorish person.
- That guy is such a hump!
- (The Hump) World War 2 slang for the supply route between India and China over the Himalaya mountain range.
Etymology: Probably cognate with:
- (transitive) To bend something into a hump.
- (context, transitive, slang) To carry something, especially with some exertion.
- (context, transitive, slang) To have sex with.
- (context, intransitive, slang) To carry, especially with some exertion.
- (context, intransitive, slang) To have sex.
- kyphosis (from Greek (kyphos) "humpbacked")
- cube (from Greek (kybos) "cube, vertebra")
- cubit (from Latin cubitum "cubit, elbow")
- incubate (from Latin incubare "to lie on")
- cymbal (from Latin cymbalum from Greek kymbalon from kymbe "bowl")
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hump for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hump