- (context, obsolete) A line of ancestry.
- Those living in the same residence, comprising a family.
- Those living in the same residence, consisting of an individual or family along with any servants, guests, lodgers, etc.
- In taxation, all the persons who live in the same individual residence.
Etymology: house + hold
- Belonging to the same house and family.
- Of anything found in or having its origin in a home.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for household for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of household