- A blow; a punch.
verb (hits, hitting, hit)
- The was very slight.
- A success, especially in the entertainment industry.
- The band played their song to the delight of the fans.
- An attack on a location.
- (baseball) The complete play, when the batter reaches base without the benefit of a walk, error, or fielder"s choice.
- The catcher got a to lead off the fifth.
- (colloquial) A dose of an illegal or addictive drug.
- Where am I going to get my next ?
- To administer a blow to.
- One boy the other.
- To come into contact with forcefully and suddenly.
- The ball the fence.
- To manage to touch in the right place.
- I the jackpot.
- To kill a person on the instructions of a third party.
- Hit him tonight and throw the body in the river.
- (cards) In blackjack, to deal a card to.
- Hit me.
- (baseball) To come up to bat.
- Jones for the pitcher.
- (colloquial) To go (somewhere).
- We the grocery store on the way to the park.
- (colloquial) To begin; to start; to open.
- The movie hits theaters in December.
- (context, computing, programming) To use.
- The external web servers DBSRV7, the internal web server hits DBSRV3.
- To affect negatively.
- The economy was by a recession.
- (context, figurative, US, slang) To have sex with.
- I'd that.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hit for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hit