- as a result; therefore, for this reason
Etymology: From the genitive of here.
- I shall go to Japan, I will not be here in time for the party.
- The purse is handmade and very expensive.
- from this time, from now
- The plane will leave two months .
- from this source or origin
- They grew up at the White House; their lack of interest in politics.
- (archaic) from here, from this place, away
- Get you !
- I'm going , because you hit me.
- Get thee , Satan!
- I go .
- (archaic) from the living or from this world
- After a long battle, my poor daughter was taken .
- (archaic) henceforth, from this time
- A year it will be forgotten.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hence for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hence