- A thicket of bushes, usually thorn bushes; especially, such a thicket planted as a fence between any two portions of land; and also any sort of shrubbery, as evergreens, planted in a line or as a fence; particularly, such a thicket planted round a field to fence it, or in rows to separate the parts of a garden.
- (finance) Contract or arrangement reducing one's exposure to risk (for example the risk of price movements or interest rate movements).
verb (hedg, ing)
- The commodity price boom is here to stay as money flows from the investment community are expected to surge because the asset class acts as a .
- To stonewall; to avoid answering question.
- Please stop hedging and just answer my question!
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hedge for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hedge