- (uncountable, physics) thermal energy
- This furnace puts out 5000 BTUs of .
- That engine is really throwing off some .
- Removal of from the liquid caused it to turn into a solid.
- (uncountable) The condition or quality of being hot.
- Stay out of the of the sun!
- (uncountable) An attribute of a spice that causes a burning sensation in the mouth.
- The chili sauce gave the dish .
- (uncountable) A period of intensity, particularly of emotion.
- It's easy to make bad decisions in the of the moment
- (uncountable) An undesirable amount of attention.
- The from her family after her DUI arrest was unbearable.
- (uncountable) (slang) The police.
- ''The ! Scram!
- (uncountable) (slang) A gun.
- He's packing .
- (countable) (baseball) A fastball.
- The catcher called for the , high and tight.
- (uncountable) A condition where a mammal is aroused sexually or where it is especially fertile and therefore eager to engage in sexual intercourse
- The male canines were attracted by the female in .
- (countable) A preliminary race, used to determine the participants in a final race
- The runner had high hopes, but was out of contention after the first .
- (countable) One cycle of bringing metal to maximum temperature and working it until it is too cool to work further
- I can make a scroll like that in a single .
- (countable) A hot spell<span id="heat13"></span>.
- The children stayed indoors during the summer heats.
- To cause an increase in temperature of an object or space; to cause something to become hot; often with "up".
- I'll up the water.
- to arouse, to excite (sexually)
- The massage heated her up.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for heat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of heat