- A musical instrument consisting of an upright frame strung with strings that are stroked or plucked with the fingers.
- (colloquial) A harmonica.
- (usually with on) To repeatedly mention a subject.
Etymology: From hearpe, from Germanic
- Why do you harp on about a single small mistake?
- harpon-. Cognate with Dutch Dutch, harp, German Harfe, Swedish harpa.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for harp for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of harp