- Resistant to pressure.
- Requiring a lot of effort to do or understand
adverb (harder, hardest)
- a hard problem
- Demanding a lot of effort to endure.
- a hard life
- (context, of a person) , severe, harsh, unfriendly, brutal.
- hard evidence
- Of drink, strong.
- Of water, high in dissolved calcium compounds.
- (context, slang, vulgar) Sexually aroused.
- (bodybuilding) Having muscles that are tightened as a result of intense, regular exercise.
Etymology: Old English heard
- With much strength or energy
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hard for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hard