adjective (happ, ier)
- Favored by hap, luck, or fortune; lucky; fortunate; successful; prosperous; satisfying desire.
- a happy expedient
- a happy effort
- a happy venture
- a happy omen
Etymology: hap + -y
- Chymists have been more in finding experiments than the causes of them - Boyle
- Experiencing the effect of favourable fortune; having the feeling arising from the consciousness of well-being or of enjoyment; enjoying good of any kind, as peace, tranquillity, comfort; contented; joyous.
- happy hours
- happy thoughts
- happy times
- Happy is that people, whose God is the Lord - Psalm 144:15
- The learned is Nature to explore, The fool is that he knows no more - Pope
- dexterous, Dexterous; ready; apt; felicitous.
- One gentleman is at a reply, another excels in a rejoinder - Swift
- content, Content (to do something); having no objection (to something).
- Are you to pay me back by the end of the week?
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for happy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of happy