noun (plural: hangers)
- One who hangs, or causes to be hanged; a hangman.
- That by which a thing is suspended. Especially:
- (a) A strap hung to the girdle, by which a dagger or sword is suspended.
- (b) (Machines): A part that suspends a journal box in which shafting runs.
- (c) A bridle iron
- (d) A clothes hanger
- That which hangs or is suspended, as a sword worn at the side; especially, in the 18th century, a short, curved sword.
- (England): A steep, wooded declivity. Gilbert White
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hanger for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hanger