- (parachuting) High Altitude, Low Opening.
- When you have enough experience, you can do a HALO jump.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for HALO for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of HALO
- (context, astronomy) A circular band of coloured light, visible around the sun or moon etc., caused by reflection and refraction of light by ice crystals in the atmosphere.
- Anything resembling this band, such as an effect caused by imperfect developing of photographs.
- (context, religion) nimbus, a luminous disc, often of gold, around or over the heads of saints, etc., in religious paintings.
- the metaphorical aura of glory, veneration or sentiment which surround an idealized entity
Etymology: From halos, from á (haloos) 'treshing floor, (sun/ ...) disk, halo', itself of unknown origin, one theory being from Persian ÙÙÙ (HAALE) 'Circle around moon is seen at nights due to vapors'.:Used in English since 1563, sense of light around someone's head since 1646
- (transitive) To encircle with a halo.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for halo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of halo