noun <b>Globally understood definitions throughout the English-speaking world</b>
<b>Definitions that are used only within the United States</b>
- one who cuts with rough or heavy blows.
- one who kicks wildly or roughly.
- one who uses a computer to gain unauthorized access to data.
- one who informally manages or copes (one hacks it)
- one who informally annoys (<i>another party</i>).
Etymology: (-er, hack)
- one who is inexperienced or unskilled at a particular activity <e.g. tennis>
- one who is expert at programming and solving problems with a computer
- one who loafs (around)
- one who rides or drives at an ordinary pace or over the roads (especially distinguished from from racing or hunting)
- one who operates a taxicab
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for hacker for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of hacker