verb (glaz, es)
- The vitreous coating of pottery or porcelain; anything used as a coating or color in glazing. See Glaze, v. t., 3.
- (meteorology) A smooth coating of ice formed on objects due to the freezing of rain.
- Broth reduced by boiling to a gelatinous paste, and spread thinly over braised dishes.
- A glazing oven. See Glost oven.
Etymology: From glaer, meaning "amber".
- (intransitive)To become glazed or glassy.
- (transitive)In painting, to apply a thin, transparent layer of color.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for glaze for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of glaze