- A strong wind, more than a breeze, less than a storm; number 7 through 9 winds on the 12 step Beaufort scale.
- An outburst, especially of laughter.
- a of laughter
- A shrub, sweet gale (Myrica gale) growing on moors and fens.
- (archaic) A light breeze.
- (archaic) A periodic payment, such as is made of a rent or annuity.
- Gale day - the day on which rent or interest is due. Definition from 1913 Webster.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gale for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of gale