verb (fring, ing)
- A decorative border.
- A marginal or peripheral part.
- Those members of a political party etc. holding unorthodox views.
- The periphery of a town or city.
- That part of the hair that hangs down over the eyes (US bangs).
- (physics) A light or dark band formed by the diffraction of light.
- (The Fringe) non-mainstream theatre.
- (transitive) To decorate with fringe.
- (transitive) To serve as a fringe.
- Outside the mainstream
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fringe for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fringe