- (aussie-rules) Abbreviation of free kick.
verb (free, d)
- 2006: Whether deserved or not, the gave Cresswell the chance to cover himself in glory with a shot on goal after the siren. http://footballlegends.org/daryn_cresswell.htm
adjective (freer, freest)
- (transitive) To make free; set at liberty; release; rid of that which confines, limits, embarrasses, or oppresses.
- Not imprisoned or enslaved.
- a man
- Obtainable without payment.
- All drinks are
- (context, also, _, mathematics) unconstrained, Unconstrained.
- He was given rein to do whatever he wanted
- The group on three generators
- Unobstructed, without blockages.
- the drain was
- Without obligations.
- (context, of, _, software) With very few limitations on distribution or improvement compared to proprietary software.
- http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html free software
- To be released.
- We set the rabbit
- Being absent from it.
- We had a wholesome, filling meal, of meat
- (complang) Of identifiers, not bound.
- (mycology) Not attached to the stipe.
- In this group of mushrooms, the gills are .
- (informal) In a way which is free, especially with regard to contraints or price.
Etymology: (term, fre) < (term, freo, frÄo).
- I got this bike .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for free for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of free