verb (franchis, es)
- A right or privilege officially granted to a person or a company by a government; an acknowledgment of a corporation's existence and ownership.
- The authorization granted by a company to sell or distribute its goods or services in a certain area; the grantor or recipient of such authorization.
- A legal exemption from jurisdiction.
- The membership of a corporation or state; citizenship.
- The right of vote, voting at a public election.
- An excellent player in a team sport.
Franchise may refer to Jordan McPhee?. A basketball player from Canada.
- (transitive) To confer certain powers on; grant a franchise to; authorize.
- (context, transitive, rare) To set free; invest with a franchise or privilege; enfranchise.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for franchise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of franchise