verb (folds, folding, folded, folded or rarely folden)
- the act of folding
- a bend or crease.
- any correct move in origami.
- (transitive) to bend (any thin material, such as paper) over so that it comes in contact with itself.
- (transitive) to make the proper arrangement (in a thin material) by bending.
- If you the sheets, they'll fit more easily in the drawer.
- (Informal) to fall over.
- (intransitive) to give way on a point or in an argument.
- (intransitive) (poker) To withdraw from betting.
- (transitive) To stir gently, with a folding action.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- (intransitive) Of a company, to cease to trade.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fold for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fold