- (countable) Any of various flatfish of the family Pleuronectidae or Bothidae.
- (intransitive) To flop around as a fish out of land
- (intransitive) To make clumsy attempts to move or regain one's balance.
- Robert yanked Connie's leg vigorously, causing her to and eventually fall.
- (intransitive) To act clumsy, clumsily or confused; to struggle or be flustered.
- He gave a good speech, but floundered when audience members asked questions he could not answer well.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for flounder for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of flounder