- An incident of a certain type of fall; a plopping down.
- A failure, especially in the entertainment industry.
- A communal sequence of cards in a poker game.
verb (flops, flopping, flopped)
- 1996: John Patrick, John Patrick's Casino Poker: Professional Gambler's Guide to Winning
- :The didn't help you but probably did help the other hands.
- 2003: Lou Krieger, Internet Poker: How to Play and Beat Online Poker Games
- :Here are six tips to help you play succesfully on the (the first three communal cards).
- 2005: Henry Stephenson, Real Poker Night: Taking Your Home Game to a New Level
- :The strength of your hand now has nothing to do with how strong it may have been before the .
- A European slang term to describe a group of gypsies or hippies sleeping in a pile at a festival.
- Look at the of hippies!
- To fall heavily, because lacking energy.
- He flopped down in front of the television as he was exhausted from work.
- To fail completely, not to be successful at all (about a movie, play, book, song, etc.).
- The latest album flopped and so the studio canceled her contract.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for flop for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of flop