verb (fix, es)
- An instance of fix
- Verb, fixing.
- A difficult situation or dilemma.
- A serving of an addictive drug to an addict.
- "Just one !" -Alain Jourgensen
Etymology: From fixer, from fixe, from fixus.
- To mend or repair.
- To attach; to affix.
- To prepare. He fixed dinner for the kids.
- To make a contest, vote, or gamble unfair; to privilege one contestant, usually before the content happens.
- To make a business of getting paid to arrange immunity for defendants by tampering with the justice system via bribery or extortion<ref>Sutherland, Edwin H. (ed) (1937): The Professional Thief: by a Professional Thief. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. Reprinted by various publishers in subsequent decades.</ref>
- To render an animal (especially a pet) infertile.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fix for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fix