- The end of anything.
- A protective coating given to wood or metal and other surfaces.
verb (finishes, finishing, finished)
- The car's finish was so shiny and new.
- A score similar to a touchdown in the game of scuffleball, worth four points.
- (of textiles) The result of any process changing the physical or chemical properties of cloth.
- (transitive) To complete (something).
- Please your homework!
- (transitive) To apply a treatment to (a surface, etc).
- The furniture was finished in teak veneer.
- (transitive) To change an animal's food supply in the months before it is due for slaughter, with the intention of fattening the animal.
- Due to BSE, cows in the United Kingdom must be finished and slaughtered before 30 months of age.
- (intransitive): To come to an end.
- The song has finished.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for finish for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of finish