noun (fibre, fibres outside US)
- (countable) A single piece of a given material, elongated and roughly round in cross-section, often twisted with other fibers to form thread.
- The microscope showed a single blue stuck to the sole of the shoe.
- (uncountable) Material in the form of fibers.
- The cloth was made from strange, somewhat rough .
- (textiles) A material whose length is 1000 times its width or more.
- Please find use polyester for this shirt.
- Dietary fiber.
- Fresh vegetables are a good source of fiber'.''
- Moral strength and resolve.
- The ordeal was a test of everyone's .
- (mathematics) The preimage of a given point in the range of a map.
- Under this map, any two values in the of a given point on the circle differ by 2π
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fiber for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fiber