- A companion; a comrade; an associate; a partner; a sharer.
- A man without good breeding or worth; an ignoble or mean man.
- An equal in power, rank, character, etc.
- One of a pair, or of two things used together or suited to each other; a mate; the male.
- A person; an individual.
- In the English universities, a scholar who is appointed to a foundation called a fellowship, which gives a title to certain perquisites and privileges.
- In an American college or university, a member of the corporation which manages its business interests; also, a graduate appointed to a fellowship, who receives the income of the foundation.
- A member of a literary or scientific society; as, a Fellow of the Royal Society.
Etymology: félagi, from the Germanic bases of two words represented in English by fee and lay.
- To suit with; to pair with; to match.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fellow for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fellow