- To give a mental existence to something that is not real or actual; to imagine; to invent; to pretend; to form and relate as if true.
Etymology: feindre to pretend, from fingere to form, shape, invent.
- He feigned that he had gone home at the appointed time.
- To represent by a false appearance of; to pretend; to counterfeit.
- The pupil feigned sickness on the day of his exam.
- To dissemble; to conceal.
- Jessica feigned the fact that she had not done her homework.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for feign for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of feign