- (uncountable) A strong, uncontrollable, unpleasant emotion caused by actual or perceived danger or threat.
- He was struck by on seeing the snake.
- (countable) A phobia, a sense of fear induced by something or someone.
- Not everybody has the same fears.
- I have a of ants.
- (uncountable) Extreme veneration or awe, as toward a supreme being or deity.
- (transitive) To feel fear about (something).
Etymology: (term, fír, , peril or danger, lang=non).
- I the worst will happen.
- (transitive) To venerate; to feel awe towards.
- People who God can be found in Christian churches.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fear for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fear