noun (uncountable and countable; plural fats)
- (uncountable) A specialized animal tissue with a high oil content, used for long-term storage of energy.
- (countable) A refined substance chemically resembling the oils in animal fat.
- That part of an organization deemed wasteful.
adjective (fatt, er)
- We need to trim the fat in this company
- (context, countable, obsolete) A large tub, cistern, or vessel; a vat.
- A person or animal that is overweight or obese.
- Carrying a larger than normal amount of fat on one's body.
- The man had trouble getting through the door.
- thick, Thick.
- The wallets of the men from the city brought joy to the peddlers.
- bountiful, Bountiful.
- Variant form of phat.
- (rfv-sense) (sports) A poorly played golf shot where the ball is struck by the top part of the club head. (See Thin,Shank,Toe)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fat