verb (fad, ing)
- (golf) A golf shot that (for the right-handed player) curves intentionally to the right. See slice, hook, draw.
adjective (fad, er)
- (intransitive) To become fade; to grow weak; to lose strength; to decay; to perish gradually; to wither, as a plant.
- (intransitive) To lose freshness, color, or brightness; to become faint in hue or tint; hence, to be wanting in color.
- (intransitive) To sink away; to disappear gradually; to grow dim; to vanish.
Etymology: From fader, from French, fade.
- weak, Weak; insipid; tasteless; commonplace.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fade for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of fade