- The greatest or utmost point, degree or condition
- Each of the things at opposite ends of a range or scale.
- extremes of temperature
- A drastic expedient.
- (mathematics) Either of the two numbers at the ends of a proportion, as 1 and 6 in 1:2=3:6.
- Of a place, the most remote, farthest or outermost.
Etymology: extremus, the superlative of exterus
- At the edges, the coating is very thin.
- In the greatest or highest degree; intense.
- He has an aversion to needles, and avoids visiting the doctor.
- Excessive, or far beyond the norm.
- His love of model trains showed in the rails that criscrossed his entire home.
- Drastic, or of great severity.
- I think the new laws are , but many believe them necessary for national security.
- Of sports, difficult or dangerous; performed in a hazardous environment.
- Television has begun to reflect the growing popularity of sports such as bungee jumping and skateboarding.
- (archaic) Ultimate, final or last.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for extreme for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of extreme