verb (explor, ing)
- to wander without any particular aim or purpose
- to examine or investigate something systematically
- The committee has been exploring alternative solutions to the problem at hand.
- to travel in search of discovery
- It was around that time that the expedition began exploring the Arctic Circle.
- to experience first hand
- It is normal for a boy of this age to be exploring his sexuality.
- (medicine) to examine diagnostically
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for explore for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of explore