- Any activity designed to develop or hone a skill or ability.
verb (exercis, ing)
- The teacher told us the next is to write an essay.
- Physical activity intended to improve strength and fitness.
- To set into action or practicing.
- He was going to the horses.
- To perform any activity designed to develop or hone a skill or ability.
- To take action, enforce.
- The tenant exercised its option to renew the tenancy.
- She is going to her right to vote.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for exercise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of exercise