- One who has been released from something.
- (transitive) To release or deliver from some liability which others are subject to.
- (transitive) To except or excuse from the operation of a law.
- (transitive) To grant immunity to.
- (transitive) To free from obligation.
- (transitive) To release; as, to exempt from military duty, or from jury service.
- (transitive) To exempt from fear or pain.
- From Latin exemptum, past participle of eximere.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for exempt for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of exempt