- (transitive) To amuse someone (usually by professional entertainers).
Etymology: entre, among + tenir, to hold
- The motivational speaker not only instructed but also entertained the audience.
- (transitive) To have someone over at one's home for a party or visit.
- They enjoy entertaining a lot.
- (transitive) To have a thought in mind.
- The committee would like to the idea of reducing the budget figures
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for entertain for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of entertain