- (context, zoology, countable) An approximately spherical or ellipsoidal body produced by birds, snakes, insects and other animals housing the embryo during its development.
- (countable) The egg of a domestic fowl as an item of food.
- (uncountable) The contents of one or more (hen's usually) eggs as a culinary ingredient, etc.
- I also determine the minimal amount of egg required to make good mayonnaise.
- (context, biology, countable) The female primary cell, the ovum.
Etymology: From Old Norse eggOld Norse, egg, from Germanic
- To throw eggs at.
- (with "on"): To encourage.
- To add beaten egg (cooking).
- ajja-, by :w:Holtzmann's Law, Holtzmann's Law from Proto-Indo-European
- ohâujom (stem
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for egg for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of egg