- That which one is morally or legally obligated to do.
- England expects that every man will do his . (Nelson)
- She felt it was her bounten duty to tell the police about the incident.
- A period of time spent at work or doing a particular task.
- I"m on from 6 pm to 6 am.
- describing a workload as to its idle, working and deenergized periods.
- A tax placed on imports or exports; a tariff.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for duty for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of duty