- Deserved acknowledgment.
- Give him his due — he is a good actor.
- (in plural dues) A membership fee.
- Of a payment, to be made by the stated time.
- Payment is in ten days.
- Of an event, supposed to occur at the stated time.
- Rain is this afternoon.
- Of public transport, supposed to arrive at the stated time.
- The train is in five minutes.
- Of a baby, expected to be born at the stated time.
- When is your baby ?
- Of a pregnant woman, due to give birth on the stated date.
- When are you ?
- (italbrac, used with compass directions) Directly or exactly.
Etymology: dí, due, past participle of devoir, to owe
- due north
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for due for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of due