- A habitual drinker, especially one who is frequently intoxicated.
- A drinking-bout; a period of drunkenness.
- 1858, "A Scarcity of Jurors"Cangemi's Third Trial," New York Times, 8 Jun., p. 4.
- :Gen. G. had been on a long from July last until Christmas.
- A drunken state.
- 2006, Patrick McCabe?, Winterwood, Bloomsbury 2007, p. 10,
- :Here " help yourself to another drop there, Redmond! By the time we've got a good on us there'll be more crack in this valley than the night I pissed on the electric fence!
- (past participle of, drink)
- In a state of intoxication after drinking alcoholic beverages.
- (usually followed by with or on) elated or emboldened
- Drunk with power he immediately ordered a management reshuffle.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for drunk for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of drunk