- a drop of a liquid
verb (drip, p, ed)
- I put a of vanilla extract in my hot cocoa
- an apparatus that slowly releases a liquid, especially one that releases drugs into a patient's bloodstream (an intravenous drip)
- He's not doing so well. The doctors have put him on a .
- (colloquial) a limp, ineffectual, boring or otherwise uninteresting person
- He couldn't even summon up the courage to ask her name... what a !
- dividend, Dividend Reinvestment Program; a type of financial investing
- to leak slowly
- Does the sink ?
- to put a small amount of a liquid on something, drop by drop
- After putting oil on the side of the salad, the chef should a little vinegar in the oil.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for drip for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
Full Definition of drip